Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rushing Into Things...

First I would like to Thank all of you whom took time and effort to give me some really good advices on my dining rooms planning! It has opened some new doors for me but also closed some other ones!
I´m so letting go of the industrial dining room table. It was not a good idea at all, I totally get that now and felt kind of relieved when I read your comments about it.

No 1.


via

Two of you suggested the Y-chair for my dining room and I felt immediately hooked on that idea. The above image is one of my absolute favourite ones EVER. It has been hanging around for quite some time now and I feel spelled every time I have a look at it.

So when you tipped me about this Y-chair designed by Wegner, this above room of course came to mind.

+





I then did some research on the cost on this amazing designer piece and it was simply too much for my budget! I found an online store that had copies of the Y-chair though, so I´m still thinking of this as one of several options for my dining room.



This above and below dining room inspiration, is another of my favourite ones. I found it at the Finnish Blog Vaaleaa Uneelma. I´m pretty sure these photos are wievs from the Bloggers own home and I just love the coziness!


I´ve found chairs looking like these + sheepskins at IKEA and I´ve also found an affordable antique table on 'Blocket' that can be lengthened to 90 cm x 190 cm.
In other words, this could be option...

No 2.




+





I also have a third suggestion. This down below dining table from ILVA has a rustic and industrial feeling to it. The wood on top is recycled wood and I have had a closer look at this and I must say it was love at first sight.
It´s a bit large though(95 cm x 220 cm) which means I would have to put it next to the window= no seating at both ends.

I´m thinking 'upholstered' chairs to this one or a mix of 2 different types.

No 3.



via

+





Today I also found this down below chair at the online store Sweetpea & Willow(OMG, Take some time to go for a visit, you´ll find some really exquisite furniture at their online store and they ship worldwide!).
Love this one too and feel quite certain any kind of table would work!


No. 4



+





This time I have decided not to rush into anything when it comes to the dining room area- something I´m very good at! Mistakes have been done in the past because of this!
I will let myself think about it for some time, but still would love to hear what you think!

Where would your vote go? No. 1, 2, 3, or 4?




Thank you guys, I hope I´m not boring you out! If so, please let me know, I would totally understand and promise to not torture you no more with posts about my dining room:)!



xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment