Saturday, March 5, 2011

Copycat-ing...


cop·y·cat [kop-ee-kat]

a person or thing that copies, imitates, mimics, or followsfthe lead of another...



In November 2009 I was going through the lastest issue of the Swedish ELLE INTERIOR magazine. Somewhere in the middle this amazing home appeared for my eyes and I was instantly hooked, you could almost say obsessed:).
The home belongs to the creators behind the famous Danish brand DAY Birger et Mikkelsen and I absolutely love every detail in this apartment, every piece of furniture, the color on the walls etc. etc.



Ever since I´ve had this place in my head, being aware there were something about it that talked to me in a very special way. I just knew this was the look I was going for in my living and dining room area.
I then started to make plans and when I stumbled upon a black cabinet(with similarities to the one down below) I bought it straight off.

You could say I got well started on it and i felt very happy about finally finding the inspiration and some of the the basic elements on how to successfully decorate my own place
!





Then, after a while, my confusion over not really knowing what my personal style was really all about(most of you know about my struggles on this subject by now!) and I started to questioning if this look was really representing 'Me'?
What about the modern classics that I love, what about my Mondrian posters, would they really fit with this particular style
?





I just couldn´t get it all together and stopped making more plans and buys for my living- and dining room area.
Today the black cabinet still stands there, waiting for something to happen...and so only a few days ago something made me curious about looking at this home once again. During my Style Searching I realised my personal style was very eclectic and that my home would have to be a mix of different styles and looks from different eras...



Images via

Again, I was falling in love with this stylish yet quite bohemian home, now feeling a lot more certain this is what I want but also knowing on a much deeper level that this look is truly a part of who I am!
Many pieces comes from the DAY HOME Collection itself which makes it quite easy to create this look on your own!
Myself have decided to go for it and this time -without any doubts- continue until my rooms are completely done.

Leaving with hopes you´ve enjoyed this home just as much as I did and very much so, Still do!


All my Love:)!


0 comments:

Post a Comment