Sunday, June 5, 2011

My New Kitchen- Scary Befores And Some Undecorated Afters...

Hi You All!
Before we get started I would like to Thank all of you leaving a comment here at Komma hem... Without your reflections and support this blog would not mean a thing and I feel blessed for having such Lovely readers!

With that said, let´s get started with some Before and Afters.

'

Our starting point was this very, very small and old white painted kitchen with tiles left from the 70´s!
Yes, these Befores are kinda scary I know, but it was actually a quite functional kitchen and it worked for us for many years!
Obviously it had its ugly sides, but also some beautiful ones -like the stained glass cabinet doors in the seating area(still in my care).



Bit by bit we threw out the entire kitchen, walls and everything else till there was nothing left but the original wood panels.



Since the kitchen was so very small we decided to enlarging it with about 10 square meters. Not much but made a huge difference in the end!
There´s a fully height ceiling('ryggĂ„stak' in Swedish) in the extended part of the kitchen which makes it light and airy.





Finally here´s the Afters...



After several sketches and months of planning we decided to have a grande kitchen island in the centre of the kitchen with seating opportunities at one of the endings.



Sorry about the quality of these photos, it´s hard to get good ones showing the whole space don´t you think!?



Just about everything in this Kitchen comes from IKEA(except the TV and the taps)- the Abstract cabinets, the black countertops, the appliances, the handles and even the floor actually.
Despite some delivery delays I must say we are happy with it all!



As you can see these photos are very basic ones only showing the cabintes put in place...

Down below is the corner where my darling Wassily chair is standing.
In this image you can also see the high ceiling in the extended square meters!



In my next kitchen post I´ll show you some more decorated photos of this whole area.
It is still in progress and only a few items has been added so far like; barstools, a kilim rug, lighting, some decorative accents and the Wassily chair.
I´ve also bought curtains but they´re not up yet and I woud love for you to give me some great advice during this whole process!







I really hope you´ve enjoyed this, please let me know what you think!!!

xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment