Friday, July 29, 2011

GUEST ARTIST - STEVE ELIA AKA "STEVEN JAMES" at FUNHOUSE TATTOO- AUG. 22 - 27


"Steven James : Growing up in Hamilton, Ontario, my main influence was comic books. After going to school for illustration and design I fumbled my way into tattooing, where my influence started to shift to artists like The Buena Vista Tattoo CLub, Nick Baxter, Joshua Carlton, and others. When I am not tattooing (which doesn't seem to happen) I try dabbling into other hobbies like boxing, piano, painting, being a movie snob and more... damn I sound like a geek.. Anyways check out some of my other work at www.eyeofthelotus.com under Steven James. Hope to see you soon."

GEEK OR NOT IS IRRELEVANT. TAKE A LOOK!!!


In tattooing, the standard seems to be a black outline.. especially now that the trendy "traditional" style tattooing has taken hold. It's refreshing to see artists like Steve tattooing in a "painting" style. It is refreshing because in this world of followers, and self limiting "artists", an artist of this caliber is still appreciated by the lucky clients who have been tattooed by him. Look at the smooth grey leaves in the above photo... that's technical ability.


Another masterpiece... not a fan of birds? These birds blow away ANY tribal tattoo, "sailor jerry" tattoo... this is art. This is talent...



STEVE WILL BE HERE FROM AUGUST 22 - 27. COME GET SOME ARTISTIC ART FROM AN EXPERIENCED ARTISTIC ARTIST... TO BOOK, EMAIL US AT: funhousetattooing@gmail.com or cal the shop at 604-879-4114!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment