Sunday, January 30, 2011

I´m In Love...




Yes, it´s true!
I am madly head over heels in love with this(above) dining room.
White walls and flooring, framed black and white photos, panton chairs and a rustic old dining table. A perfect example of how well it works to mix old with new!
This is really all I need! Simple and beautiful!
Would you agree/disagree?



I also tend to fall in love with every pic that has a light and brightness in it. After some dark months up here in the north the light has slowly started to return to us Swedes. That is actually all people talk about in the streets, the light and the upcoming spring! The days are getting longer and I feel more positive, refreshed and energized than I´ve done in months.
With this positive feeling a lot of creativity has also started to bubble inside of me. There is so much inspiration to be found out there on the internet, so many talanted people, so many great ideas!
I almost feel overwhelmed, I would like to get started with them all, right now!




One simple project that I already have nailed on my 'To do list' though, are these amazing above Reclaimed wood carts. Ana White is the girl behind the design. At 'Anas blog-That DIY blog'- you´ll find tons and tons of DIY-projects. From small and simple ones like the above one, to bigger ones, like bookshelves, headboards, night stands, cabinets, built- ins, chairs, stools, desks, well- even your very own sofa!

Ana´s moto goes something like this:
'If I can do it so can you. And if thousands of other people, just like me can do it, so can you!' In other words, go on get started, pick a project and follow Ana´s step by step instructions.
Click on the banner below to immediately transport yourself right on to Ana´s creative corner of the world!


Besides Ana´s fantastic blog I the other day, also stumbled over this- I have to say- stunning stencil project, and felt I just had to share it with all of you!
Using stencil patterns on precut pieces of wood makes this project quite simple and will dress up just any staircase in no time at all(or almost). I could see even myself actually accomplish this project fully on my own.
Find out more about this project
here.




Before I sign off I would like to wish you all a Happy new week!
Feel free to share your personal favourite blogs or other sites including some really great DIY- projects! Those visits a truly among the top of the most inspiring ones, don´t you think!?



But please, do not get too excited(like me). Once you´ve started look for new projects, it´s hard to stop! We all need to put in some moments of stillness between all of the fun work:)!


Finally some words of wisdom to bring along with you:
'You are(each and everyone of you) magnificience in human form'


Sending All my love to All of You!



0 comments:

Post a Comment