Saturday, March 12, 2011

Black cabinet + Velvet Sofa + Vintage finds...

Some of you have asked for a picture of my black cabinet and here it comes...
It is not at all decorated the way I want it to be!
During our kitchen renovation I have used it for storage and some of it have not yet found its right place in my new kitchen(soon to be published here at KOMMA HEM...).


I love this cabinet and feel lucky it´ll match just perfect with my '
Day- inspired look'.




Today I´ve had a second look at my blue velvet sofa and I liked it even more this time. Spouse and I will have a look at it togehter during the upcoming week and soon it´ll be here at home with me:).



Whenever I have time and money I like to visit vintage- and thrift-stores. We have a really great one not very far from where I live and this time I got lucky. I found 2 bamboo chairs, 2 vintage lamps and an antique black trunk. Some of these items will have a makeover done further on!

I see a lot of potential in all of them, but would love to here what you think. Any tips on the lamps maybe?





I also bought an antique chess- box. I can see this have been used a lot during the years. It now stands on my living room coffee table and I love its black, worn look.


These down below greek key-patterned bowls are a new passion of mine. I do not know very much about them more than that they are Danish and have a mark that says RÖGILD.
Anyone?



For me its all about the greek boarder. I´ve just recently learned that this border is also called Meander. Meander recalls the twisting and turning path of the Meander River in Asia Minor.
Meanders were among the most important symbols in acient Greece.



Hope you´ve enjoyed!
:)



0 comments:

Post a Comment