Saturday, May 21, 2011

Love These 2 DIY- projects With A Little Bit Of Safari Twist...

Those of you whom stops by frequently knows about my Colonial and Safari passion since a few weeks back... I always seem to have these periods when I get totally up in the air about something; it can be a color, a typical style, an item...




It´s an on going process and every single time I´m convinced I will stay in this particular mood for a very long time! Something new always seems to show up much, much faster than expected though!
Anyway, I found 2 DIY-projects with a little safari theme(I´m still hooked) I thought you might enjoy just as much as I did!?


via

The first one comes from The Nate Berkus Show. Inspired by Ralph Lauren this down below blue alligator serving tray was made.
I have some red alligator fabric laying in my wardrobe(bought years back, not knowing then what I would use it for). Finally it´ll come to some great use cause I really love this idea!
Click here to get fully instructions.


Next DIY- project I found via Vintage Revivals and was originally published and made by Bon Temps Beignet.
Instead of buying a really, really expensive zebra shade and lamp base this girl came up with an much more inexpensive solution and the result I must say is amazing!
Fully instructions on the lamp here!


Before I leave I would love to show you a little something from my own home... Yesterday I went to a local market. A woman who travels the world- mostly India and Bali- comes every year to my town with handcrafts and textiles from far away continents. Inspired by one of the images from a previous post...


I bought this down below sparkling orange and red blanket. I will either put it at the ending of the bed or let it hang as a grande painting on my bedroom wall.
A beautiful piece of handicraft isn´t it!?



Hoping you´ve enjoyed!

xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment