Friday, August 13, 2010

Blog Award...

Give and you will receive...

I´ve been given a Blog Award(my very first one, I´m so excited) from lovely Charlotta from Space For Inspiration.










This girl is really something. Since she entered my world a few weeks ago, positive things really have started to happen.
I dont´t know how to thank her enough. She´s the best!


Photo: Hgtv.ca



Now, since I´ve been given this award, besides posting the blog award icon on the blog and link back to the person who gave me the award(look further up), I have to answer 10 questions and hopefully you´ll get to know a little bit more about me!


1. Why do you blog?
This question is not hard to answer. Blogging for me is all about my passion. I love everything that has to do with interior design. Tv-shows, magazines, books about interior design is like a drug to me. I´m so passionate about it and blogging gives me a chance to share this with others.
The purpose with the whole blog- thing was to give inspiration and also to show others out there a little bit about the work and renovation of our house. Myself find so much inspiration on the internet from other bloggers and my goal is to do that for others as well(not being very successfull so far but have decided not to give up).

2.What are your 3 best memories.
Oh My God, this was very hard. There are so many of them but I´ll do my best picking out 3 really good ones.
First I have to say that buying our house is a really good memory and brings lots of good feelings inside of me. At the time me and my common- law spouse were living in a very central apartment. It was in an old house with a lot of charm, high seelings, large old windows and so on but I just could not feel at home there. One of the things that really bothered me was that there was a lot of citynoise from outside and the old windows was just not doing any good. During this time we began to search for a house in our city and when we looked at this one whom is my home today, I just new this was the one, this was the place to call home.

Second memory has to be graduating from school and the feeling of being free as a bird, 20 years and having all the opportunities in the world. Me and a girlfriend of mine went to London to work. Unfortenately I couldn´t cope with the big city life, was getting homesick and after only a few weeks I went back home to my small town, feeling a little ashamed coming home so soon but also very happy and relieved.

Learned that I for sure was not a big city girl!


Third memory has to be suddenly getting new, very supportive followers here at 'Komma hem'(Coming home). I was getting ready to give the whole blogging up when Monika from Splendid Willow, Charlotta from Space for Inspiration, Stacey from Design Addict Mom and Sue from The Zhush suddenly came in to my life making it all so much better. I´m so grateful having these beautiful girls in my life now!

3. Name 4 of the best fiction books you've read
I´ve had some reading periods in my life but I have to admit is has been a very long time since I read a fiction book. Nowdays I´m a lot more into non-fictions ones.
As a young girl I rember reading a lot of books of Virginia Andrews, such as 'Flowers in the attic' and 'Petals on the wind', remembering these were really exciting reading.

In my bookshelves today you´ll find lots of books about architecture(I love Frank Lloyd Wright and John Lautner) interior and design(I´m absolutely crazy about Terence Conran, Nate Berkus, Thom Felicia and Jonathan Adler) as well as real fiction books. Some of the authors I enjoy reading are Brandon Bays, Gary Zukav, Bob Proctor, Matthew Kelly and Louise Hay.


Other favourite books are written by Dave Peltzer("A child called it", "The lost boy" and "A man named Dave"), Neale Donald Walsch(Conversations with God), James Frey(A million little pieces) and Liza Marklund(Buried Alive).


4. What are the 5 best movies ever made?

I absolutely love movies and I have a lot of favourite ones! Here are 5 of them:





+2 I couldn´t resist adding on my list(there are so many of them...)



5. Name 5 things you can't live without

Interior design- magazines, Coffe, Music, Friends- family- and housepets, Showers

Photo: Unknown

6. If you could change your name what would it be?
As a young girl I used to not like my name, which is Tina by the way. I always wanted my name to be Hanna. Today, being 33 years old I actually like my name very much. It´s not very common and it feels special.

7. Tell us a unique and interesting fact about yourself
I find it very easy to organzie things. No clutter is simply too big for me!


8. What do you love best about yourself?
I love that I actually tend to learn from my lessons in life and that I´ve during the last, let´s say 5 years years have growth into some kind of spiritual awareness, a part of me I had absolutely no connection with before. I´m now a big fan of The Sercret and The law of attraction and it has opened many new doors for me in life. Yet, I still find it very hard sometimes and often don´t get the results I´m looking for(for example I used to struggle with my blog, not getting any response at all, but suddenly some positive things have actually started to happen!).



9. If you had a 'Freaky Friday' experience, who would you change places with?
First of all loved the movie! Jamie Lee Curtis is such a great actress, always makes me laugh(True Lies for example with Jamie and
Arnold Schwarzenegger, is another one of my favourite movies).

Photo: Babble.com

If I could change place with another person it would most defenately be with Oprah Winfrey. I just love that woman and she is one of my true role models in life. I really adore her for being such a spiritual, empathic, humoristic and loving person, watching her show every day.
What a great experience it would have been to live a 'normal day' in Oprah´s life.
Wow!

10. What is the best thing about being a woman?
There is so many things that are great being a woman, Oh My God...
First I just have to agree with Charlotta, about women being able to cry and get emothional over almost anything. What a relief!

Photo: Thelmagazine.com

Other great things is shopping and being allowed to have 100 pairs of shoes, 20 different bags and a bathroom cabinet full of make up and other great beauty stuff.
As a woman you don´t have get into manly fights or get up in the middle of the night searching for burglars- if you have a man, he is there to protect you!
Women also have their unique womenly instinct as well as the ability for deep empathy and passion, we are allowed to gossip, use baby- talk, watch reality shows and eat tons of ice cream when things are not going our way. Before I end I would like to add one final thing that I feel is so great about being a woman, we don´t feel the need to prove ourselfs to our friends. I´m so glad I dont´t have to deal with the whole 'macho thing' among guys.
Thank God I´m a woman!

With all that said it has been time for me to pass this 'Super Comments Blog Award' over to some other great bloggers out there.


Of course Stacey and Sue would have been 2 of my obvious choices(as well as Charlotta whom I got it from). But since they´ve already been awarded(by Charlotta) I´ve decided to pick 4 of my other favourite bloggers out there.
Here they are:

1.Camilla 'Dreamhouse'
2. Monika 'Splendid Willow'
3. Lise 'Urban Style Vibes'
4. Linda 'I love my house'

Hope you´ve enjoyed!
Sending all my love to all of you out there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment