Sunday, August 29, 2010

Looking back...

I have no idea what you will think of this post my dear readers but I´m taking my chances here.
Found this first picture a while ago and my thoughts were immedeately right back in the good old 80's.


I have such great memories from this time.
In 1985 I was 8 years old and you could probably say that the core of my taste is a product of this time.
I still love the (back then) popular posters of the Dancers and the brooken ballerina shoes, made by photographer Harvey Edwards. To be honest I´m still dreaming of having one of my own(never did back then), thinking if others would consider this to be the right thing to put on the walls in the year of 2010!?



And who doesn´t remember TV- series such as Dynasty, Dallas and Miami Vice?


Movies like Flashdance, Breakfast Club and Working Girl?

The great music?


Link
Then of course we have the backside of the 80's as well, with interior design looking something like this.


Mirrors in all shapes and sizes was such a big thing during this time as well as the typical ceiling fans. OMG!



But of course also the brighter side of the decade with its industrial look which was often used in loft-style interiors.
I rember this and have been dreaming of rough brick walls, Le Corbusier furniture and an open plan living in an old industrial building ever since.


Actually my eye for modern classics was first born during this time and I remember telling myself that when I once became a grown up, I would have a sofa with a steel frame around it(of course without having a clue of who Le Corbusier was at the time).

Hope you have enjoyed the post and that you might just consider leaving a comment about it!?

Thank you and bye for now!


0 comments:

Post a Comment