Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Get ready for a house tour...

From Swedish antiques(yesterdays post) to modern design.
Those of you who have been following me for a while now, knows that my taste can be very various and mayby a bit confusing.
But that´s just who I am and to be honest I don´t get this strange part of myself either:).
Better just accept what is and carry on.



I have a lot of favourite designers and of course Eero Aarnio from Finland is one of them!
Most of all I love his sense of humour- all showing in his design.




These pictures(down below) are from his home situated just outside Helsinki, nearby a beautiful lake.




Mr Aarnio has lived and worked in this gorgeous (self designed) house with his wife Pirkko for over 20 years now(that says a lot, doesn´t it?).




Aarnios home is filled with his own designs- from the original prototype for the 1963 Ball Chair(actually with a real phone in it) to new designs still in development.
His home for sure feels all relaxed and comfortable and I can see why they´ve stayed there for such a long time.





All in all I personally love Eero Aarnios home.
First it for sure feels like a 'real home', then we have all the glass and natural light coming in, the nature outside, of course all the great design pieces and last but not least the open bookshelves. Don´t you just love them?



All photos via Apartmenttherapy and Homedug

Would love to hear what You think!
Sending lots of hugs to all of you!


0 comments:

Post a Comment