Sunday, November 14, 2010

10 Ways to get inspired...

Hi all!
I hope you´ve had a fantastic weekend so far!?
With only 2 weeks to first Sunday of Advent my mind has now really started to think about the upcoming Holiday.

I have not yet gotten into the holiday spirit but my dear friend Charlotta over at' Space For Inspiration' had a fantastic Christmas post the other day(with tons of inspiration) and this has given me a ride!
Charlotta also inspired me to take on and make my very own list of '10 ways to get inspired for Christmas'.
So here it comes!



1.

First of all I would like to start with a very basic cleaning of the house.
It might not feel very fun but once its done, it feels all faboulous!

Masison Belle Christmas clean is a non-toxic all-purpose household cleaner
suitable for daily cleaning needs. It has a fragrance infused with orange and cinnamon and will give your home the wonderful scent of Christmas!

Photo: Greener by Nature

2.

Candles.
Those really helps me get into a relaxed and cozy feeling for Christmas!


Photo: We heart it

3.
Then I would like to add Mulled wine or 'Glögg' as we call it in Sweden.
This is a must for me to get into the holiday spirit!


Photo: Unknown

4.
Of course there has to be some Christmas music in the background as well.



5.

No.5 on my list would be to put in some Amaryllis.

It´s a good idea to start early to get them into a 'Christmas bloom'!


Photo: Decorpad

6.
I have this year started a new tradition in my home.
You see, I have for the first time ever designed my very own 'Advent candlestick'.
With some black candles(from the store of course:)), paint, homemade stencils of numbers and a rough steel tray made by the spouse, the result came out like this...


Photos: Tina- Komma hem

Take a closer look Here!

7.
Find time to make some homemade Christmas sweets
.
These peppermint sticks look beautiful and is suppose to taste even better!
Leave them out in a dish when trimming the tree
or relaxing by the fire with a mug of hot cocoa.

Get the recepie here!


Photo: Country Living

8.
Start early writing Christmas cards(usually this happens in a last minute hurry).
Oh, and I loved this idea of a perfect Gift frame (Christmas)card holder.


Photo: Pottery Barn

9.

Make plans for this years Christmas tree.
I loved the simplicity of this look.


Photo: Bright Bazaar

10.

Stroll through the city by yourself and look around for the perfect Christmas gifts.
The stores really knows how to get you into a perfect Holiday mood!


Photo: H&M


I hope my list have given you at least 'some' tip and inspiration
for the upcoming Holiday!


Have a great Sunday!


0 comments:

Post a Comment