Sunday, October 31, 2010

Style searching No.5

Let me today introduce you to the very final part in my 'Style searching'.
My journey so far has been all about Shabby chic, Scandinavian minimalism, New England and Eclectic style to todays Modern style with a twist.



This last home that will be shown here at 'Komma hem' belongs to a newly found friend of mine, lovely Cia whom blogs over at 'Röda ting' or 'Att inreda med rött' as she also calls it.

Cia is one of the most talanted, creative, loving and good- hearted women I´ve ever met. She has such an eye for design and knows how to make something fabolous out of nothing really. Her home shows all these parts of her.

Now, prepare yourself for a house tour you will never forget!




Besides Cia´s stunning home, we also get a chance to meet the family pet.
His very own corner of the house looks like this.
Cute isn´t it!?



This is how Cia describe her home and chosen style in her own words:

"My style is stylistically pure with a touch of playfulness. I like to start with a solid ground of white. This makes it easy for me to add what ever accent color I feel like. I´m very passionate about the color red(always have been) and could not see myself living in a home without some pops of it.
Things I put out in my home does not have to be something trendy, or even typical for a home decor. For me it´s all about what I enjoy to look at and surround myself with.
In my home you´ll find a mix of well known design items to vintage stuff I find in flea markets. I also like to use things I find outside in nature(like branches) and make something nice and usefull from it
".



What can I say, the architecture and the brightness in the living room area gets me beyond words along with a feeling of perfection. Everything match so well together!






From the living room you´ll get a glance of the kitchen area. The cabinets are painted in a custom- made red color, chosen by Cia herself.









Down below a confident mix between Cia´s own homemade design, items from affordable stores like IKEA and a beautiful vase made by the famous Swedish glass artist, Ulrica Hydman- Vallien.





Now, let´s meet the family pet. The guy in the front(to the right) is Stig. Sitting next to him is his best friend Stina. They are both such cuties!



Let´s head over to the stunning bathroom.



I really enjoy Cia´s way of thinking 'outside the box'. Cia has put a cowhide on the floor in the bathroom.
That is such an unique and brilliant idea I´ve never seen before!






Instead of a traditional toilet paper-holder Cia came up with the idea of using a stick.
Creative, good looking and fun!








The accent color in one of the bedrooms is yellow. It makes a great match to the rest of the room that goes in light gray and white.
Love it!








Down below an example of how natural things from outside meets great design along with flea market finds in Cia´s home.



My favourite color combo is black & white so I guess it´s not very hard for you to guess why I like this room so much!



On the wall you get to see some of Cia´s own artwork.




Yes, she paints too!



...and makes beautiful crocheted cuddly toys like these(among lots of other creations).
I think they looks absolutely amazing(I actually have one of my own whom I won from Cia´s Giveaway the other day. I really adore it and will show it to you here at 'Komma hem' some day next week:!).






Thank you so much Cia for sharing your fantastic home here with me and my lovely readers! I´m sure we all have found lots of inspiration and new ideas to bring along with us in our own homes!


To find out more about lovely Cia and to get some more great inspiration head over to Cias´s creative blog right now!
Her place is such a great source of not only great ideas and stunning inspiration but also lots of joy and happiness!





Next sunday I will reveal the result of my Style searching!



These past 5 weeks has been such a great journey for me and I never would have thought the extent this whole thing would have on me and my CONFUSION over not finding 'my own style'.
Find out more next sunday!




Thank you ladies for you contribution on this 'Theme' of mine.


I´m so grateful!




0 comments:

Post a Comment